Thursday, April 8, 2010

40 Days of Psalm 119 - Day 3

I mentioned that "ordinances" only appears once in Psalm 119. Let us examine the verse:

Psalm 119:91
They continue this day according to thine ordinances: for all are thy servants.

When I think of 'ordinances," I think of order. God cares about having things in order and about things being in His divine order!

Each letter of the Hebrew alphabet is put in order in this psalm.

Today, we will begin to study in the first stanza.

God said He is Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End. The Bible speaks of first-fruits. All things that are first set a precedent and affect what comes after.

**In gematria, aleph represents the number 1, and when used at the beginning of Hebrew years, it means 1000**

א ALEPH

1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes!
6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments.
8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.


A lesson of the day: If God is first (and He is), His ways are the best and only ways to godliness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails