Sunday, April 4, 2010

I Still Stand

I have some education but nothing compares to Your grace, Lord
I've had some life struggles but nothing keeps me from Your plan because You love me, Lord

The only One who I know always hears my words
And cares
Lord, You're the One who's by my side when nobody else is there

I don't have to do anything to try to fit into society
He's got so much more in store for you and me

He's the only Reason I stand
In the morning, I still stand
I was crying
Thought I was on the verge of dying
By my God heard my call and He answered before I could fall
In the morning, I still stand
Though I thought I had no hope,
Jesus let me know
It's not over
So, this morning, I still stand


...


I know I can depend on You
And only You
To see me the whole way through
What lies ahead
What lies around
You keep my feet on the ground
But I'm
Mount up with wings like an eagle

...

Oh yeah, I still stand, yeah
I still stand!


I wanted to share this excerpt of a song I wrote because of what hope ((real/true, eternal hope)) means and how it's shown up in my life. Forever, Jesus has been keeping me. We have to hold on to Jesus and have hope. Even when I felt like I was doomed, He wouldn't let go. Read about hope on our friend, Rev. Dr. James A. Lee's blog, The Joy of Jesus (Church Online) in the post, The Return of Joy of Jesus Cometh.

Another song that has a relevant message is What I Know. Here's some of it:

We can't always see where's the end

But there's light, so bright and strong

Beautiful, shining from within

So keep your faith; it won't be long

I had to find the will and strength

God's been with me all through this thing

He never said it would be easy

He never forsakes; God is with me

Stumbling, tumbling

Crumbling. fumbling

But I can't fall

Over and over again, breaking to begin again

I still stand after all

After all

Jesus, You want me to give it up (give it up)

All the hurt, all the pain, been through enough (through enough)

Lord, You know I want to with all my heart (all my heart)

So, help me to trust in You and give it up (give it up)

I gave it up, I gave it up, I gave it up, I gave it up

You'll have your joy after all

You'll have your peace after all

You'll be able to walk after all

You'll be rid of disease after all

You're not gonna fall after all

You'll be at ease after all

You'll have a new home after all

You'll stand, you and me, after all

Stumbling, tumbling

Crumbling. fumbling

But I can't fall

Over and over again, breaking to begin again

I still stand after all

After all


Enjoy this Resurrection Sunday!!

Please read the resurrection song I wrote at Empty Cross.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails