Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our Whole Lives Are on the Internet


Here is what I wrote last night:

Early this afternoon, I was minding my business, watching Spice World, when my internet lost connection. This happens from time to time but today, this sudden catastrophe was not tryna fix itself. I am forced to think about this every time I lose internet connection or have no internet access whatsoever: our whole lives have become centered on the internet, the World Wide Web. What do you do without it? I may be able to read or write or watch television but I can’t read my friend’s status updates, write blogs or watch streamed movies on Netflix. What do I do without it? I can’t go on Skype and talk to friends. I am essentially alone. Although this is how life was for many years before the internet became a part of my household, I don’t know what to do without it. Can I listen to music? I’d rather not because I’d rather be on YouTube. I took a lot for me to even begin typing all of this in Microsoft Word. I want my familiar customized post entry/editor box for my blog. I am in withdrawal again and I don’t know for how long…again. Last time, I came out feeling happier than ever and refreshed. It can be stressful dealing with the ‘net, after all. Yet, I am stressed now, too! What am I to do?

What I did was type things to posts to blogs later, watch The Craigslist Killer and go to sleep. Needless to say, I now have an internet connection, for the moment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails